Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bella Abby Hillman

Dear Bella,
  It was exactly 7 years and 350 days ago that we first met. You were just 12 weeks old the most. You looked at me with those big ol' beagle ears and those eyes, those eyes that just melted my nine year old heart. You were so innocent as was I. I looked at the others in the shelter but kept coming back to you. The shelter volunteer gave me some "milk bones" to give to you, you loved them. Then it was time to leave, I cried I didn't want to leave you, I just wanted to LOVE you! Boy did I not know how much I would ever love you until the day you left me!
  The following day was Saturday, We brought Mommy to meet you. She wasn't thrilled that you were a hound but she loved you anyways. She wanted the chi mix puppy but daddy and I didn't we wanted YOU! So YOU it was! We had to leave you for another few days so that you could get spayed. But before we left you we played until the shelter closed in the grass field. ( I wish I could back to that day) I remember wanting our mommy and  daddy to call the shelter each day to check up on you. They said they did, but honestly I don't think they did.
  That same weekend was by far the worse for Amanda, Marlene, their father and grandmother. Janice (the girl's mother) had died. We were so upset to loose such a person. But I felt lucky, because I was getting YOU! Mommy and Daddy told me not to act to excited because I would hurt Amanda and Marlene's feeling.
   The burial was scheduled for the 8th. We were scheduled to come get you the 8th.  We went to the ceremony and then the lunch. I couldn't wait to show you off to Jessie, my now "second best friend". You had taken her spot of "First Best Friend Until The Day we Die" or FBFUTDWD. That was only semi-right, you are still my best friend, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss you.
After the ceremony we went to the shelter and I couldn't move my nine year old legs fast enough. I ran through the doors and to your run. Run number 2! The volunteer gave us a red leash and red collar. I got to put them on you. Elizabeth got to walk you out! You sat in the back seat with me but once the car started u hide under daddy's seat.
   When we got you home  we let you run FREE in the house! You ran and ran and ran and ran. You nearly ran into every single wall! Then Elizabeth and I taught you a trick.... mommy and daddy weren't to happy because we taught you how to jump up on us!! HEHE!!!
   As the first year past you and I because best friends! We loved each other and clearly you love me as much as i loved you because you'd always take MY stuff or sleep on MY stuff! Like " Pengy Jr." I will keep him forever so I can remember YOU. He now sleeps on my bed again, as he did when you were still with me. I say goodnight to YOU through him every night.
  You were a pretty bad dog for the first couple years. But I didn't care I loved you anyways!!! You were always getting into the garbage and running away. You always ran away when it was snowing and I would always chase after you, and be to tired to move by the time I caught you.
  You also had a new collar almost every month. Anytime I found a collar I liked I'd buy it for you. You must have had at least 40 collars.My favorite one was you red ones.
  I hope you understand that when I adopted Molly she didn't replace you in any way. Only opened a new part to me that I never knew. You are not a just my first dog..your must more that "just a dog" you were my First Best Friend Until the Day we Die! but now... now you are my BEST FRIEND FOREVER! Although we are separated for now, we will meet again on "rainbow bridge"
...We finally Brought you to the cape your last summer. You loved it! I knew you would! It was fun to finally bring you with us. It was so much fun taking you to the beach and watching you swim! I could't believe how much you enjoyed the water. I wish we could have been there more. But when we meet again, I promise we can be on the beach!
 Your Last few months were a roller coaster for me. It was hard for me to accept that it was time. I struggled with the mention of loosing you. But I knew it would be time. I knew I couldn't keep you like this. I had to convince the rest of the family that it would be time. And you sure showed them.
 Luckily Jen and Lisa were able to comfort you and US in our last few hours together. It was HORRIFIC watching you pass, I can't say you weren't in pain because I heard you whimper but I can say you knew you would be okay.
 I felt numb after you left me. I couldn't think, breath, eat, cry, laugh, or move. It was weird. I remember I just wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I felt I had to be strong, strong for YOU, because YOU were always strong for me.  It has taken months but I was finally able to process it all any let it all out. Now even if I see your picture I will laugh because of the memory or cry because of the pain of missing you.

Today Is the day before Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I will be decorating and seeing all YOUR holiday decorations. I'll be sure I hang them so you can look down and see that I will never forget you for One day of this Holiday Season!

My Little Bella Girl, Why did you have to go so young? You were just 7 years young! I'll never understand why you left this earth so soon, but thank you for the Lessons you have taught me, and continue to teach me! I love you forever and always!
Love,
 YOU BEST FRIEND UNTIL WE DIE
Brigette

No comments:

Post a Comment