Sunday, December 18, 2011

Angel I miss you!

 Angel. She was so desperate. Calling for help. Helpless as can be. Alone. Scared. and on DEATH ROW.

I was sent Angel's picture in a weekly email from my rescue. She and her 6 puppies we found in a basement searching for higher grounds. Somehow the basement of the house that Angel had lived had been flooded out. Angel was abandoned and left to die, along with her pups. Angel used all of her will to make it out alive. Someone had called Animal Control, and Angel was rescued from one bad situation. She thought she was safe and took a big sign of relief. Little did my Angel girl know that the run shelter she would be placed in meant DEATH ROW! Again Angel tried to save her family.
The shelter had taken a picture and emailed it to PNP's Director. She place her picture on the weekly email under the dogs that needed rescuing. Her soulful eyes melted my mom and me. I cried when I saw her picture. I needed her, and she needed me.

 A transport was arranged for the following Saturday. Angel Arrived in NJ the weekend before Thanksgiving. I loved her from the second I met her. She was the BEST dog.  She was scared of where she was thinking it was another place where she





 may have to save her family from danger AGAIN!
 Once Angel trusted me, She never left my side. I love her. Once she finished nursing her puppies she started to sleep on my bed.
 All of her puppies were adopted by the first weekend of the new year.(2010) Angel however still had a long way to go. When Angel was at the Shelter in VA, she was HW tested as she should be. Her HW test came back positive. The shelter needed her to be rescued so bad they said if we (Pnp) could take her until her puppies got adopted they would transport her back down to VA for treatment and then send her back up.
  Due to the best interest in the rescue and Angel's health this was the plan. Angel was sent back down to VA mid- January. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing to do. I know it wasn't a true goodbye but I feared that she would slip her collar, run away, be picked up by Animal Control and killed. I sent almost weekly emails to the Director asking if she had heard anything about Angel.
  The days felt like months and the weeks felt like years, but finally my Angel girl came home.  She had been gone for a little under a month. I was so happy that Angel was home for my Birthday. It was my only Birthday wish.
  After a few weeks Angel was posted on petfinder.com and brought to adoption event. I loved bringing her up to adoptions because I loved to spend the extra time with her. Nobody would every look at her and the people that did I didn't feel they were the right match.
  I felt that I was the perfect match. I just wanted to keep Angel. I felt like she was already mine. I loved her so much and started to not be able to remember a time without her. Angel Loved me to. If I said "owww" She would come running to make sure I was okay.
  The only thing Angel did bad was run away. She never went far but she would always find a way to sneak out the front door or get through the gate on the deck or somehow get out through the basement. My parents complimented keeping her but never really thought it was a good idea. I beg and beg and beg until I finally came to terms that I wasn't the one for her.
  It was April and we had gotten a WONDERFUL application on my girl. I was in love with the application. It happened to be be spring break so we were able to meet the family mid-week at our house. They had brought their other dog along to meet my Angel. They were best friends in no time. And they even looked like sisters!
  The family LOVES her. Almost as much as I do.  I cried the day she left. I didn't cry tears of sorrow, but rather tears of joy. I was happy for my girl that her long hard journey was over. I still am very happy for her.

I love Angel and I will never forget her nor her story. She touched me in ways no other dog has. I will always consider her as one of my dogs even if I never owned her. I know the chance are slim but I hope she remembers me.
  She sent me a Christmas present last year. It meant so much to me. It is a Christmas ordainment with her picture in it. I keep it out all year right next to my bed. She Will forever protect me and be in m heart.



                                                                               I am so happy she is home, but my heart aches so much around Christmas for her. I feel so guilty I didn't keep her. I am so jealous of the family that adopted her, but I know she is living life on the large side and is living a life I wouldn't be about to give her. She loves  her "sister" and is happy with all the exercise she gets. I just wish I could be the one who gets to love her everyday, walk her and feed her, and comfort her when she needs it. I miss her but I know she is in WONDERFUL Awesome amazing A PHENOMENAL home with EXCEPTIONAL people who adore her way much! I just wish I could see her or dog sit her one time!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ6_B1HdCEg

No comments:

Post a Comment