Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Award Part 1


I became involved in helping animals in 2004. I started by collecting donations for St. Hubert’s of Madison, NJ. I continued to learn different ways to help shelter animals. I began spreading the word about adopting animals, rather than purchasing them from breeders or pet stores. Three years later, in 2007, I learned about fostering. I began fostering for Purrs N Pups animal Rescue Team in July of 2007 and I continue to foster still today. I am extremely involved in the rescue; I attend every adoption event, transport, and fundraiser.  I also have taken on other tasks such as, writing contracts, filling paperwork,  making fliers, posters and donation boxes, assisting administering and recording medical work, running a Facebook page (“Opt To Adopt”),  a blog (purrsnpupsanimalrescue.blogspot.com), and updating the groups Petfinder.com animal list. I am considered a  critical volunteer in the rescue, my foster work benefits every single animal I “speak up” to foster. If I don’t speak up for my foster animals they would be put to sleep and not given a second chance. The blog page and Facebook page that I run helps to educate the public of why it is incredibly important to alter their pets, and should opt to adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment